Re: Difficulty levels

5. IMHO, the object comes from the repository w/o the level of difficulty that should be assign by author, or is considered as having lowest possible level.

6. IMHO, author should assign an object to a group of students (filtered or selected from the list). It's also possible to assign a group of objects (filtered or selected from the list) to a student or a group of students

2006/12/12, sergey@total-knowledge.com <sergey@total-knowledge.com>:
> OK. Let's go over this in detail.
>
> First what we want to achieve.
> There are objects whose presentation order is undefined.
> i.e. What order do we show explanations in, when topic is first accessed?
> What order do we preset problems to solve in?
> Sure, some times it's rigidly defined by teacher (i.e. problem B must
> be solved only after problem A is solved), but sometimes it
> doesn't matter as much. At the same time we may want to provide
> teacher to give some guidance to students. One such way is to allow
> to set "difficulty" level on objects, and then have student set their
> preferred difficulty level (on per-course basis). Then, when rendering
> object lists, objects of his preferred difficulty level will be rendered
> first.
>
> Now questions:
> 1. What object difficulty level should be bound to? i.e. can same problem
>     have different levels in different courses. How do we organize that?
>     What if the problem is in different courses as a result of being
> included
>     in some sub-topic...
> 2. Who sets the difficulty level? Should it be affected by user votes?
> 3. Should we allow authors arbitrary levels or should we have a
> predefined set?
> 4. Should we allow authors arbitrary level names or should we just stick
> with numerics?
>
> If you have more questions, add them to the list.

Perhaps questions below should be answered too:

5. What happens when author adds object to his course from the Repository?
   Is difficulty level of that object stays the same or will be determined
   by current author?

6. Will teacher be able to assign his course objects to students by level of
   difficulty?