Re: Latest DB schema

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>> What for?
>>

> As much a I know, we are going to use cookie-based sessions. What if
> user's browser does not accept cookies?

It's still going to be handled by cppserv itself.
> Also imagine the situation when 2 authors change the same UMO at the same
> time. In order to handle this we need to store each user session data in
> session_table with something like:
> 1. sessionId
> 2. userId
> 3. objectId
> 4. lastVisitDate

You don't need a table to keep track of that data. It's local to session
itself.
> So if changes were made to the UMO by second user with different sessionid
> since lastVisitDate, we have to give first user a warning on submit or,
> perhaps, make his changes versioned even if he chose minor.

This is important thing to consider, however, it is possible to
find out if there is a new version of an object by looking at
actual version numbers.
> Or, for better performance, we may add lastUpdatedDate column to each
> *_content table and compare it with lastVisitDate from session_table on
> each  update event.
> In later versions session_table data may be used for user's bookmarks(UMO
> basket) functionality, tracking order history data, etc.

Again. If this is session-level object, it doesn't belong in the database.
At least not in the main schema.