Re: Latest DB schema

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> 2006/11/3, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com
> <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>:
>
>     1. There are many different "solution" types. Teacher-verified is only
>     one of them.
>         (all others are actually verified automatically, immediately upon
>     solution submission)
>     http://www.total-knowledge.com/wiki/index.php/UU#Problem
>     I just updated that page with some specifics on what each solution
>     type is.
>

> For automatically-checked solutions we need a stored proc that can
> verify them. It can be called from the trigger, on solution submition.
No, that won't work really - the actual verification will happen outside
of database, since
there are many different ways to do that, and some of them are quite
CPU-intensive (not
the ones listed in the spec, but we have plans...). In any case -
whatever students submit
will be saved as-is, and result will be set separately.

>     2. Teachers are tied to a course. This means we'll have to build
>     fairly
>     complex
>     query to figure out who the problem solution for teacher-checked
>     problems
>     gets submitted to.
>

> I don't think we need to submit anything to the teacher(s). We have
> notifications. If the solution is submitted - a teacher may received a
> notification. The alternative solution - a teacher simply browses all
> the solutions on all the problems in the topic where he is a teacher.
1. Teacher is teacher of a _course_, not of a single subtopic.
2. "Submit" in this context could mean fairly broad range of things
(notification, actual
email with solution, placement into some special page, where teacher can
look at all the
submitted solutions)

>     3. Remember - we store all solutions submitted to problems forever
>     (regardless of their current access to given problem)
>

> I don't see the problem here. The student access to modify a solution
> is revoked at the submit moment. But the solution stays forever.
Where are you storing them? Is there some table that already exists, but
I misunderstood
its purpose, or are you going to add one?