Re: Latest DB schema

2006/11/3, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
1. There are many different "solution" types. Teacher-verified is only
one of them.
    (all others are actually verified automatically, immediately upon
solution submission)
http://www.total-knowledge.com/wiki/index.php/UU#Problem
I just updated that page with some specifics on what each solution type is.

For automatically-checked solutions we need a stored proc that can verify them. It can be called from the trigger, on solution submition.

2. Teachers are tied to a course. This means we'll have to build fairly
complex
query to figure out who the problem solution for teacher-checked problems
gets submitted to.

I don't think we need to submit anything to the teacher(s). We have notifications. If the solution is submitted - a teacher may received a notification. The alternative solution - a teacher simply browses all the solutions on all the problems in the topic where he is a teacher.

3. Remember - we store all solutions submitted to problems forever
(regardless of their current access to given problem)

I don't see the problem here. The student access to modify a solution is revoked at the submit moment. But the solution stays forever.

Can you explain how you are addressing (or plan to address) all of above?