Re: Versioning

2006/10/21, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:

>     When a new version is created, all objects linking to this one are
>     notified. Their action can be one of the following:
>
>         * Silently use new version
>         * Use new version and notify owner
>         * Notify owner and keep old version
>         * Silently stick with old version
>

> Then we need that flag in the original object, or even in every object.
Umm... No - in every reference. It is particular reference that defines "New
version" action.
Example:
I have a topic. You have an explanation that I included. I decide what I
want to happen when you create new version.

A reference in this case is pointing to your version of the explanation. In my version, I define that flag to decide what to do when the new version of your object is created.
That just makes more sense to me.