Re: Logical relations between TLT and courses
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Logical relations between TLT and courses
- From: "Alexey Parshin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:47:29 +1000
- Delivered-to: mailing list email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=LT8jUzbefimXWjioZMhJh0LI5BmUUTERM8e5o0Co3ws=; b=UR5K39vQ62sqo5cSqkvCHz8/JMNbNcPmyiLkfmwQPriSwgBEH2vYnmdxJNbhsU3xr7 MIgM3utavlBBVfzhw3xchp1vkH/mlGODutU1llo6NoUL356qGXOSRRGsTNg7mn6XpcH4 PfR9KKqWCet4jsnh9h/Y8VlO+8U6MrUf4ailE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=lB7CQpgd+96PWw2mwF8C87iQc6cEHfGb3pfenYwhOtlD4oqntb36ETV5LeFlJFmYRU JrSnzsem9jIMbCymagKpYP1QimSeNfAdERUy6dne3Yw5kFWSaM0ez7VXFjSczfJXHIUG W3UvpCXZvetTLjMwx/EQuuPOgOdbYhR1rNBc0=
- In-reply-to: <48785A5E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48785A5E.email@example.com>
Is it latest available TLT version, or latest published TLT version? IIRC, we can only subscribe to published TLT version.
2008/7/12 Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <firstname.lastname@example.org
When we are doing course listings, we use info from latest TLT version.
Alexey Parshin wrote:
Here is another take for course relations to outside world. Course is connected to UMO base. That raises few problems:
1) When we are talking about the courses, such as available courses - what version of the TLT is used to show the course information? The course title, languages, etc - it's all stored in TLT (that is a UMO).
2) When a class is connected to the course, we need to grant, for instance, STUDY permission to the TLT. Again, we need to to know a particular version of TLT to work with.
My current understanding is - we use latest published version of the TLT. If I'm correct, then it would be nice to have a field in UMO base, *ub_latest_published_version*, pointing to the latest published version of the UMO. Implementation includes simple modifications in umo_publish() and umo_delete().