Re: UU Courses and classes

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> Alexey Parshin wrote:
>
>> If any class admin can add other user to the class - does it mean that
>> payment is optional?
>>
> Yes, if admin explicitly adds student to his class, payment is bypassed.
> Now, this does
> create a strange situation, if class owners pay to the course owners
> some percentage
> (this allows bypassing of our payment system). Perhaps it should be OK,
> and course owners
> would be only getting percentage of what comes through our payment
> system. We cannot
> control what goes on outside anyways.

It is, probably, a matter of policies, partly--ours,  partly--classes'?

>> We have to think seriously on what admin can do with users if it
>> involves money.
>> Some examples:
>> a) Admin includes a student into a class. The class enrollment price
>> should/can be written off the student account, or it doesn't make
>> sense. If the class enrollment price is zero, then it isn't an issue.
>>
> Of course it doesn't make sense. If admin enrolls a student (if we
> decide we allow it), he gets in free.
>
>> b) Admin removes a student from the class. The enroll or tuition money
>> should/can be refunded to the student unless this is a disciplinary
>> action.
>>
> Interesting idea. It's possible that student should be auto-refunded in
> that case, but creates
> problems for us (once payments were made, we don't have those money in
> our control).

Again, in my view, it is a matter of policy, and any transactions must
be based on the tool set UU provides. By the way, one tool we can
implement is something like escrow accounts.

--

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008