Re: UU Courses and classes

2007/4/13, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:

10. Following class creation rules are available:
    - Fully open, accept donations: anyone can create class, if donation of minimum is given to author, teacher has an option to show a stamp on his course. Not giving a donation will show up on course as well.
    - Fully open, don't care about money: anyone can create class, no donation absence marker will be shown.
    - Payment required, perpetual: Fixed payment is made, and class exists indefinitely
    - Payment required, periodic: Flat rate payments for defined period of time.
    - Payment required, percentage: Percentage of teacher's income from this class

1) Currently, a course is created with the TLT. So, who is creating the course? An author?

2) If the course is created - who has to pay for that course and when?
  I can think of the rules of including into the teachers group: we need 'enroll as teacher screen'.
  I can also think of the rules of including to students group: that's enroll as 'student' screen.

3) Who is actually registering students/teachers/admins?
  It may be a scenario that includes an application by the person, that is confirmed by an admin (for teachers) or by a teacher (for students).
  Or, it may be that anyone just enrolls if the payment is verified.

4) How we are going to verify the payment? I suspect that payments should be processed by some online system. Do we have such system in mind?

5) We need some structure to store the payment information. At the very least, it should include references to {person, object of payment}, date, amount, payment method, confirmation?

The actual methods of subscription (defined by Ilya above) can be implemented as stored procs. I just need to understand - what is the input information.