Re: Counting money
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Counting money
- From: "Alexey Parshin" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:36:53 +0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=myKFnLA6nWGYhrsazZBBazO37+ozXO3IpuJggdLuUAZ7eoJz4vwha2UEHbnVOnKX5uNYzW87IQiyu5fBZCbKd8E0ciEy0G0tn5ceF2e2r/2xNgU80ONEPZUvAp7zVuLbprYILwkXexosHpPcPzteZCYDn/upTq4hjMULOdCDgFA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=K9A37gBbcybw10EYyawHZMFxYTT3Kmp9fiehb+YNAK3Rmnf9ZiqITVufgRMSL3NL1cCjmFGb32GPFfWmh9pYLUm/Atuwy6rDe/ESRIggtxlFyI96Sxdntm+4iODII76eeHclELgkd2v29Q/O8e46OZb58zGAbwmC7OTpcYsBOAY=
- In-reply-to: <466833B9.email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <466833B9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
First of all, I needed to confirm the 'account' entity.
Now, as far as I see, these transactions always include to parties: a person account and a class account.
A person may be one of: author, teacher, student, admin, translator, or anonymous (for donations).
I'm not sure about course, however. I need to understand, if we need other source/destination accounts (besides person and class) and what for.
As soon as we have account system, the stored procs handling the money to/from these accounts can use transaction rules.
2007/6/7, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <email@example.com>:
As far as sources/destinations go, I could also think
of translators as destination (not sure we need it within
the system, but probably not much extra cost) and also
there is one other source - generic donation (could be even
from outside person that doesn't sign up to anything at all).
Oh, and people might want to donate to Total Knowledge,
for writing such a wonderful system ;-) Also not sure if we
need to integrate that into UU itself, or just link to some
separate page for that.
Now, on top of that all, we need to find a way to define
distribution rules/procedures for shared accounts (class,
Alexey Parshin wrote:
> Since we gonna have a money traffic (well, at least for closed
> server), we need to define - what are the possible sources and
> destinations of these money.
> I can think of few sources:
> 1) Students are paying for class:
> source: a student, destination: a class account
> 2) Teachers are paid for teaching:
> source: a class account, destination: a teacher
> 3) Authors are paid for the authorship:
> source: a class account, destination: an author
> How does that sounds for you? This creates an entity 'account'..
> Alexey Parshin,
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Total Knowledge. CTO