Re: UU Database

Database roles:

1) DBO/DBA = gods
2) Customer service = access to read everything (may be but security tables), access to all maintenance and all security stored procs
3) Teacher = full access to any data within the course he is teaching (multiple courses per teacher are expected), access to data maintenance and user privileges stored procs within the course
4) Student = some access (needs to be determined) to data maintenance within the course
5) Reports = read access to everything but security tables, access to reporting stored procs

Possible database roles (if project grows)
*) Developers = run/create/modify stored procs (but security), create/modify table data besides security tables.
*) Backup = very limited access just to be able to perform backup/restore operations

Automated maintenance should use either "Customer Service", or "Backup" roles..

2006/4/12, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
So, what kind of roles do you see?