Re: UU Database

Again - let us not confuse database access roles, which fall completely
in domain of DBA, and are outside of the scope of this discussion, and
application access roles. Obviously there will be few different accounts
on live database (i.e. yours, mine, as DBAs, perhaps few other people with
access to look at data, and then the web app account - the one actual
application connects with - that will not have _any_ DDL privileges, and
very likely will not even have DELETE privelege on most tables, as data
will not be deleted (not by the application at least) from the database).

Now, "User" within our application is a different story. It's just a record
in one of _application_ tables, and all validation of his access rights is
done by the application itself. So, my question is - do you see anything
for concept of roles in there.