Re: UU Database

The requirement to verify the stored procs integrity is very
important. If the server doesn't support such checks - it's pretty
difficult to enforce. Such checks normally should cut-off the
debugging time, making some errors to popup during the procedure
creation (instead of run-time). The alternative is - to write a
minimal test that should run one proc or a small group of the procs
after any changes in stored procedures. That should be doable, even if
I didn't do that before.

The role in traditional databases is a set of access rights. It allows
to work with few roles 3..15, normally, instead of people, and really
simplifies the access maintenance. Instead of working with teachers
John, Ben, and Alex, and admins Dick, Jane, and Bob - we just grant
the access to DB objects to teacher and/or admin roles, and grant
these roles to the people. If server doesn't support it, it would be a
nightmare.

BTW, if server doesn't support both procs integrity and roles - may be
we are using the wrong server.