CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: cppserv patch

Matt Klaric wrote:
Ilya--

I was attempting to use cppserv on Gentoo Linux with version 2.2.8 of
Apache and version 1.2.11 of APR.  I ran into a few problems which are
addressed by my attached patch.
Interesting. I currently have cppserv running happily on Gentoo
with apache-2.2.8.
Although I do have older version of APR installed alongside with
apr-1.2.x.
First, the simplest one is that Gentoo names uses the name apr-1-config
instead of apr-config.  Thus, I added a line to check for that app after
checking for apr-config.
Is apr-1-config a standard name for apr-config in apr >=1.0?
If not, then this should be a modification of the ebuild
(you can explicitly pass full apr-config path to make)
Second, a few things have apparently changed in the newer versions of
APR.  Namely, the signature for apr_socket_create function has been
modified and the APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH macro has been removed.
Additionally, the macro APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS no longer exists.  My
patch addresses each of these issues.
I still need to be able to run with apache-2.0, which your patch
doesn't support.

I guess the right thing to do is to detect which version of APR is
in use, and do things different based on that.
The patch can be applied using:
cd cppserv-0.1.105
patch -p1 < bucket_brigade_upgrade.patch

Please consider it for inclusion in the next version.  Let me know if
you have any questions. Thanks.
Thanks for the work. I'll probably cook something up based on your
patch, and include it in 0.1.107.
--Matt

Best regards,
      Ilya.