CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: New public API

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 11:20 +1100, Alexey Parshin wrote:
> IMHO, ref counting is bad :( Every time I've used strings with ref counting
> it was giving me one problem or another. Of course, it depends on coding
> style..

This simplest solution is to use std::auto_ptr. First of all it's a
standard C++ template - no external library dependencies and no custom
objects (with new API to learn). Secondly it holds no problems of
reference counting as it is just a pointer with ownership.

If reference counting then I'm only for boost::shared_ptr - simple,
clean, with std-like api and a good licence.

Cheers
Chris

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008