CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: Configuration

Besides servlets definitions ?
not: much, most common i define is error pages (404)
and also very useful is session timeout.
Have rarely used anything else, i f any.

I'm not a big fan of the web.xml myself.
1) it's xml ... so you know :-)
2) it needs both the definitions, and then the mapping, and on most java containers it needs all the definitions first, followed by all the mappings, so it's annoying to edit (2 places). But i guess it's an implementation issue so you don't have to make yours stupid like this :-)

But, i guess you gotta make the web.xml regardless cause it's "standard"

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:

I'm thinking about configuration of servlets right now.
Ideas on what exactly should be configurable?
Should I perhaps use web.xml config format?
Question to those who program a lot of servlets:
What things have you ever actually configured in real life?

All ideas are welcome.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008