Re: Automated test suit for UU

Yes, I'm familiar with 'test suit' concept now and can write those perl
scripts without any problem.
But I don't quite understand why would we need test suits for web part of
the application. Browsing the application itself and checking how things
work is the best testing suit for web based applications imho.
The only benefit of I having fully automated test environment that I see
is that if just added new functionality negatively affected existing one,
test suit will show the problem right away. Manual testing may take some
time to find the problem.
Since UU functionality can be complicated those perl scripts may take
quite some time to write. Is it worth it?

> One thing I would like to see from now on, is an up-to-date test suit
> in UU. That means every time there is some functionality added,
> full set of tests for it should be added as well.
>
> Currently I have fully automated test environment for many of CPPSERV
> APIs in cppserv-samples package. We need to set something similar up
> in UU. I think Sergey can take care of the web-ui side of things easily,
> as he wrote large part of CPPSERV suit.
>
> I would like to hear ideas for testing db-side things from Alexey.
>
> --
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
> Total Knowledge. CTO
> http://www.total-knowledge.com