Re: UU: DB: Exception differentiation

Alexey Parshin wrote:
Well, first, PG always throws the same exception. It doesn't support anything but messages.

Second, we can standardise several exception classes, like "Invalid data value" or "Record not found", but the only way is to put something in the message within stored proc, like:

RAISE EXCEPTION '{INVALID_DATA_VALUE} Field language can not be NULL or 0';

In that case you still have to process the message but you have less guessing, and you can distinguish PG internal exceptions from our exceptions.
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm just thinking of the best way
to make common source of the mapping table.

   Ilya.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008