Re: Logical relations between students/teachers/etc and groups, classes, and courses

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> Object relations:
>
> 1. The central unit of hierarchy is Class. Class has a title and description. > (There is still a question about title/description in preferred language, but that's a separate issue). > Class may be connected to any number of courses, and vise versa (many to many r/ship). > Class may include several groups with different group types (TEACHERS, STUDENTS, etc). > Class also defines subscription rule that defines ether the class is free or has a price or a periodic payment. > 2. A course is defined as a record with a compulsory reference to TLT (Top Level Topic) version. > Therefore, a course defines a version snapshot of the UMO hierarchy for the TLT. That's not what the original design had. Course is an object connected to TLT.

> 3. A group may include any number of persons, and person may be in any number of groups. > Group may be connected to any number of UMOs through the ACL tables. It grants the
>        actual permissions of the group (and group members) to the UMOs.
This seems to be correct, although figuring out who exactly has what kind of access to a given object might be a bit of a challenge (if not for a programmer, then at least for a server).

> Subsciptions:
>
> 1. The creator of the class is automatically included into 'Admins' group of the class.
>        The person can manage the other people in the group.
> 2. A student signs up to a class by creating a subscription order. If the class is free, > the order is created with zero amount and instantly closed. For a payed class, > the amount isn't zero, and the order stays in pending state till the payment is confirmed. > If the order amount can be debited from person's account, the order is closed instantly and
>        amount is credited to class' account.
Last part is a bit dubious. We have to give student a choice to obtain funds from his credit. OTOH, lately we've been discussing whole payment thing, and there is a chance it'll just go outside of the UU system completely. For now we should leave the hooks for it in, but not
bother with anything more complex.

>        As soon as the order is closed, student becomes a class
>        member (is included into 'STUDENTS' group of the class).

> http://www.sptk.net

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008