Get ready for ultimate fun: spec change.
I talked about courses, authors, teachers, students,
payments, etc. with the boss today, and here are the results.
1. Student does not sign up to course. He signs up to class.
2. Any number of classes can be created for course.
3. Class admins define rules on who can sign up
4. Whoever created class is a teacher for that class.
5. Whoever created class is "class admin" by default
6. Class admins can add more teachers and more admins to it
7. Class admins can remove other class admins and teachers.
8. Authors define rules on who can create courses.
9. Each course has "default class" created for it, with author set
to class admin and teacher by default.
10. Following class creation rules are available:
- Fully open, accept donations: anyone can create class, if donation
is given to author, teacher has an option to show a stamp on his
giving a donation will show up on course as well.
- Fully open, don't care about money: anyone can create class, no
marker will be shown.
- Payment required, perpetual: Fixed payment is made, and class
- Payment required, periodic: Flat rate payments for defined period
- Payment required, percentage: Percentage of teacher's income from
11. Following class sign-up rules are available:
- Fully open, free: anyone can sign up, donation options same as above
- Fully open, payment required: anyone paying fixed sum can sign up
- Limited group, free: teacher signs up students himself
- Limited group, payed: teacher signs up students himself, students
(Normally this wouldn't make much sense: teacher can get payment
through external means, but we can provide a way, just to make
- Moderated sign-up, free: anyone can put in a request to sign-up.
decide who is accepted.
- Moderated, payment requires: Same as above, but in order to put in
Student has to pay fixed sum.
11. Concepts of open and closed server were revisited. In terms of payment
they will be equivalent (i.e. same author-teacher and teacher-student
possibilities). Difference will be that closed server will not have any
cross-linking or copying possibilities. I.E. one can only create courses
I think it sums things up. Now I need corresponding changes for db
for model diagrams.
Oh, and any comments/suggestions on the above :)
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Total Knowledge. CTO
Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008